We all want to be good moms, but some days it’s just so darn hard. Between school, work, extracurricular activities, housework, and the million other things us supermoms do, being a bad mom sounds really appealing sometimes.
Although the movie “Bad Moms” premiered in 2016, there are still so many quotes from the movie that remain relevant today. If you haven’t seen it, it’s definitely worthy of a girls night in with your bestie.
The movie follows Amy (Mila Kunis), a newly-single mom of two, who is literally just trying to keep it all together. When she’s asked to attend an emergency PTA meeting regarding an upcoming school bake sale by the glamorous PTA president, Gwendolyn (Christina Applegate), Amy begrudgingly agrees.
When she hears the ridiculous demands for the bake sale, Amy loses it and starts a revolt with fellow frustrated moms Carla (Kathryn Hahn) and Kiki (Kristen Bell). The hilarity that ensues is just enough to make you think being a bad mom might not be so bad after all.
Here are 20 of the most relatable quotes from this must-see movie that’s perfect for quarantine.
1. (Amy) We all work too damn hard trying to make our kids’ lives amazing and magical. Their lives are already amazing and magical.
2. (Amy) I’m going to try to do everything by myself today. It should be fine as long as everyone does what they’re supposed to do. Right?
3. (Gwendolyn) Now, this is the list of toxic ingredients that are absolutely banned from the bake sale. No BPA, no MSG, no BHA, no BHT. Plus, no sesame, no soy, and, of course, no nuts or eggs or milk or butter or salt or sugar or wheat.
4. (Amy) I can’t do this anymore. I’m sorry. I’m done. I quit.
5. (Kiki) Maddie was up all night barfing on my hair, but it’s great. I’m very happy.
6. (Carla) Look at your mom-bra! There’s so much surface area. You can make three
regular bras out of this one mom-bra. It looks like you just got out of surgery. There’s
just one boob-log.
7. (Amy) I had my first kid when I was 20 and I’ve been running late ever since.
8. (Kiki) In this day and age, it is impossible to be a good mom.
9. (Amy) Why do I suck at Zumba?
10. (Amy) I love my babies so much. God, they hate me.
11. (Carla) I’d rather go to Afghanistan than to another kids’ baseball game.
12. (Kiki) Quitting is for dads.
13. (Amy) At least once a day, I feel like the worst mom in the world, and I cry in my car.
14. (Amy) Okay, I’ve got four minutes to get Roscoe to the vet, so I love you kids, get out,
get out, get out, get out. I love you so much. I’m so sorry.
15. (Amy) We’re killing ourselves, trying to be perfect, and it’s making us insane.
16. (Carla) Still cannot believe I pushed that thing outta my chooch.
17. (Carla) My kid eats butter like an entree.
18. (Gwendolyn) I’m the only one holding my family together. It’s awesome. Just awesome.
19. (Kiki) Sometimes, when I’m driving all by myself, I have this fantasy that I get into a car
crash. Not a big one with fire and explosions, just like a little one, but I do get injured and I get to go to the hospital for two weeks and I sleep all day and I eat Jell-O and I watch so much TV and it’s all covered by my insurance. My kids bring me balloons, and the nurses rub cream all over my feet, and oh, my God, it’s so amazing.
And the most relatable one of all…
20. (Kiki)That’s the worst part about being a mom. You don’t know whether or not you’re doing a good job until they’re fully grown.
About The Author