Mother Daughter Manicures At Home
The kids are at home, you’re running out of fun activities to keep them busy, and you’re exhausted!
Why not schedule some well-deserved ‘me time’ and get your daughter involved too? Arrange an at-home mother daughter salon quality ! Here’s how:
Step 1: Grab Your Nail Kit
To make your mother daughter manicure effortless from the beginning, gather your nail kit and the necessary tools including:
- Nail polish remover
- A Nail Diva (this is great for protecting your mani)
- Two bowls
- Cotton balls/pads
- A gentle exfoliant (I recommend the same scrub you use on your face)
- Cuticle oil
- Nail clippers and a nail file
- Nail polish: base coat, topcoat and the colour of your choice
- Your favourite drink (tea, juice, coffee…wine)
Step 2: Remove Nail Polish
First thing’s first, you MUST (and I mean must) remove the old nail polish. Use your favourite nail polish remover, a cotton ball or pad, and clean your daughter’s nails as best as you can. Once you’re done, have her do the same to you.
The more polish the both of you can remove the better your fresh manicures will look.
If you find nail polish removal can get a bit messy, grab a Nail Diva (available for only $9) to hold your cotton ball/pad and to keep your fingers from soaking up the remover and excess polish.