Having a daughter changed the way I look at the world. It’s not that I want to control her life — and I do hope she makes a ton of mistakes along the way, but I want her to understand the struggle of being a woman in our society.
There are some things I wish I learned sooner rather than later. My goal is to teach her these simple truths that I’ve learned along the way…
1. Never settle for okay or sort of good enough…
2. That might mean you’ll feel lost at times, but know that that’s the result of knowing there’s more inside of you than what you’re currently offering the world.
3. It’s easy to be comfortable in a mediocre life, but you’re meant to do so much more.
4. Being lost keeps you hungry, and it keeps you moving forward.
5. You are exactly where you need to be right now.
6. Don’t do drugs… get high on life.
7. Listen to Jay-Z: “A wise man told me don’t argue with fools, ‘cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who.”
8. Trust yourself more. You did it for a reason.