It wasn’t too long ago that women were expected to work in the house, raise their kids, and succumb to their husband’s every need. As if. Now and ever since, women have been changing these roles, becoming more independent. Not just any man can handle the modern day self-sufficient woman, you need to keep an eye out for a man who’s past such archaic gender roles and is understanding of your needs as an individual.
1. Confidence is way sexier than any 6-pack or perfect smile: It’ll turn your head in a bar, and keep your eyes locked on a man who walks straight up to you with no hesitation.
You don’t really go out on the town as a prowler, to lurk in the corner trying to figure out which guy is the hottest to talk to – it aint your thang.
A man who approaches you shows initiative, and lets you know that he is secure with himself as a person.
2. He isn’t overbearing in the slightest: he doesn’t bombard you with texts, calls, sweet Facebook posts; the works.
To you, being the independent woman that you are, this comes off as needy.
You like a guy who doesn’t need to hear how much you love him every hour throughout the day – I mean, c’mon, you’re busy!
3. But he still shows you he cares: don’t mistake him giving you space as negligence.
You won’t let him get away with forgetting your birthday, but he is thoughtful when the time is right.
He knows when and where to show that he cares, and honestly, that makes his grand gestures that much more special to you.
4. Doing your own thing will get no objections from him: he respects your need for a life outside of the relationship.
If you have an extravagant night planned with your girls, you don’t need to give a long explanation to your man about it. He just gets it.
5. He doesn’t need to be needed.
Your independence is a virtue, and it’s one of the things he loves most about you. He is aware that you chose him, and he feels cherished that you want him, but don’t need him.