Being a mom is so great. You get to to carry and grow something so beautiful inside you for up to 40 weeks. Then, this tiny bundle of joy comes out and looks just like you and thinks you are the greatest thing to ever walk the Earth. Your friends and family love to come around twice as much as before, which can be considered both a pro and a con, but that’s another story.
Probably one of my favorite thing as a new mom are the excuses I get to use for reasons I can’t do something I’d just rather not do. These are some of my favorite mom excuses to stay home.
1. I can’t go out tonight, it’s so hard to get a babysitter to stay so late, or I can’t afford a babysitter. I know if I just asked someone I could get a babysitter, and I can usually afford one. But my bed sounds so much better than a night on the town.
2. There’s nothing on the menu that my kid will eat actually translates to I don’t actually like this place so let’s choose somewhere else or it might be best I just stay in tonight.
3. Ignoring people’s texts and telling them your kid kept you busy all day and you just didn’t notice your phone. In reality, my kid was watching paw patrol, and I was laying on the couch scrolling through social media ignoring you.
4. For moms who aren’t with the father of their child, like me, we probably use this one way too often: “My kid keeps me so busy, I don’t have time to date.” Truthfully, if I wanted to make time to go out with you, I would, but I don’t see any potential in you.
5. I’ll make plans ahead of time, then when it comes time to follow through, I’ll back out last minute because of my ‘sick kid.’ Actually she’s not sick. I’d just rather enjoy some alone time.
6. I’m always talking about extracurricular activities my kid is in. Not because she’s actually in most of them, but because they’re good excuses as why I can’t pick up more hours at work or stay later than I’m scheduled.
7. When I’m late for a kid free event, I always blame the babysitter for being late. Really I was just trying to decide if this was worth putting on real clothes for.
8. I won’t pay for most events until the last minute, because I may “have something come up” with my kid. Nope, I’d just rather not commit to something that may not be worth leaving my house for when the day comes.
I love my friends and family but sometimes a day away from the kiddo is much needed, and so is a day with my kid. I apologize if I’ve used these excuses with you. I’ll still likely use them again, though. Don’t judge 🙂