Kids are a miracle. They’re these tiny little versions of yourself and they’re just so cute. Then they start forming their own little personality and life gets just a tad bit more confusing every day, and you start to wonder what the f*ck just happened.
At least 15 times a day with my kid I whisper to myself, “what the f*ck.”
1. When my kid is up before 6 am, expecting a full breakfast and conversation. Like I can barely function at your normal wake up time, please just give me a second to comprehend what is going on and why.
2. As soon as my kid wakes up, it’s like the energizer bunny just moved in. I’ve never seen anything like it. I’m not even sure how someone so small can have that much energy. The only time she has little to no movement is when she’s eating or sleeping.
3. When she’s trying to explain why she’s pissed off and it comes out all jumbled together, and I want to understand, but there are so many words that just don’t make sense at all. I literally stop and say what the f*ck in my head.
And asking her to repeat what she said, good lord, all hell will break loose, I just can’t deal…
4. After my kid makes a huge mess, asking to pick it up is like starting a war. She just doesn’t understand why she has to clean. She pretends like it’s everyone else’s fault and then the tears come rolling through.
I’m sorry did I ask you to develop the cure for cancer or pick up your toys, it honestly can’t be that hard.
5. The sass that has continuously developed over the years makes me say what the f*ck all day long. I just can’t believe some of the things that come out of my kid’s mouth. Never anything completely inappropriate, but just things you don’t expect from a toddler.
I pray that the teenage years aren’t much harder.
My kid is an amazing human and I’m so proud of who she’s growing to be. But man oh man some moments I’m just wondering what I got myself into.