Being a single mom is hard work. Yes, it is rewarding. Yes, there is a silver lining. But a lot of the time it sucks.
1. You are the only one who tells your kid “no.”
2. Whether they want a toy from the store,
3. Or to go to a friend’s house…
4. You are the only one that they can ask,
5. And the only one who can disappoint them by saying no.
6. You are responsible for everything!
7. Making sure the bills are paid,
8. You’re the only one working to feed them,
9. The only one who gets them ready for school.
10. You are the only one there to give baths,
11. Help with homework,
12. Drive them to practice.
13. When you have more than one child, you are the only one there to manage conflicting schedules.