- For sharing the same taste in clothes. How great is it that because of you I have two closets! Haha, just kidding. Well, half kidding. Thank you for all the times growing up we’d get matching rings, or dresses, or when we’d both pull the same shirt off the rack not knowing it. And for the record, you have the best style.
- For driving hours, just to have coffee with me for one. Nothing will ever beat the days where I was missing home and I’d get a call from you to go downstairs to the front door. And there you’d be, eyes glistening, rushing to give me a hug as I broke down in tears. Yep, that’s my mom and oh my gosh how grateful I am for her.
- For the unspoken conversations. Remember all those moments when just by looking at each other we would know exactly what the other was thinking. “Is he serious right now?” or “No way did that person just cut this line. We’ve been here for twenty minutes.” Those moments were pretty great; they still are. And so are the inside jokes that result from all those looks.
- For treating me like an equal. Thank you for opening up with me and letting me see you, not mom, not wife, but friend. Thank you for letting me in and trusting me with your thoughts, your memories, and your dreams. I promise I don’t take those moments for granted.
- For the pep talks. Sometimes, life can seem so unfair or it just gets too crazy and overwhelming. It never fails, though, you are always there for me with a hug or a reassuring word how everything is going to be okay. Just give it time. Those pep talks get me through my day sometimes.
- For loving me anyway. I know I didn’t always make the best decisions, and my sassy attitude definitely got me in quite a lot of trouble. Even in those moments when I knew I had disappointed you or let you down all because I was young and thought I knew everything, you loved me anyway. Thank you.
- For being my best friend. Without a doubt, you are the person I turn to in my time of need, or if I just want to talk about my day or hear your voice. You’re my sense of comfort and I’m so grateful for the relationship we share. I mean who else could I take on an all-day shopping trip, or grab coffee and a cupcake with, or simply be around and know that my day and my life are better because of them. The answers is, only my mom.
All these moments, lessons learned, and endless memories have made me who I am.
Thinking back to each moment, I think about our laughter filling the air, coffee cups in hand, and smiles plastered on our faces. Our happiness is contagious, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
Thank you Mom, for being you and for loving me the way you do.