When You Mom Is Gone
Losing your mom is the hardest and most gut-wrenching experience. The grief comes in ebbs and flows, but completely washes over me when I reach for the phone. I need to call her, but then I remember she won’t be able to answer.
No matter how old I get, there will always be so many things I will continue to need my mom for.
Here are twenty five moments I wish I could call my mom. But I know she won’t be there.
1. When I need to know that I am doing okay in life.
2. I need to bi*** about my really crappy day at work. She was the only one who would listen without all that judgment.
3. Sometimes I just need to vent about the gossip that I am WAY too old to still be dealing with.
4. Wedding Dress shopping just won’t ever be the same without her input.
5. I wish I could just call and ask her when my kid has a toothache or the flu… and what the hell to do about either!
6. When I need a coffee date with the person who was ALWAYS supposed to be there.
7. I really wish I could take her shopping or a spa day or some fancy dinner… anything to pay her back for all the things she’s done for me!
8. When I just can’t seem to get in right in my relationship and she was the BEST wife ever.
9. I need her to tell me how to be the bigger person when my friends are all being petty.
10. When life has gotten way too overwhelming and I just can’t seem to hold it together anymore.
11. I need her encouragement when I feel like everyone is doing better than me.