There’s beauty and sadness in the girl who’s brave enough to love deeply. Someone in her past, who she believed in more than anyone, crushed her heart and left her shattered.
But now the beautifully broken girl wears the scars on her heart like badges of honor.
1. She knows extreme happiness.
She knows what it’s like to wake up excited, looking forward to seeing that one special person. She knows what it’s like to look at someone and see perfection, beauty, and all that's good in their eyes.
2. But she's also seen extreme sadness.
She’s seen her face coated in mascara and tears and barely recognized her own reflection. She knows what it’s like to hit rock bottom, and as a result...
3. She knows how strong she is.
If there's one thing she's proud of, it’s her strength and ability to get through anything. Even on her worst days, she’s capable of overcoming whatever life throws at her. She knows that...
4. Because she was left to pick up the pieces of her heart.
She knows what it’s like to live life while completely numb and going through the motions.
5. She knows her worth because someone treated her like she was worthless.
She knows what she has to offer and won’t settle for average. Someone may have gotten away with not treating her well in the past, but she’ll never let that happen again.
6. She may be guarded, but she still believes in love.
She'll protect her heart because she once gave it away too quickly and too easily. Still, deep down in her guarded heart, she knows there’s beauty in love. Still...
7. She won't give you her whole heart right away.
If she’s learned anything, it’s to be selective with matters of the heart. She’ll give you her heart piece by piece, over time, and...
8. She'll tell you her story when she's sure you're trustworthy.
Her past made the beautifully broken girl exactly who she is. When she's ready to tell you about it, just listen. It’s your job to wipe the tears and just hold her.
9. She won’t be afraid to love you...
She'll just be afraid that you won't love her back.
For more work like this, follow our Facebook fan page