You’ve come to that scary place where you look at your heart and find it frozen behind a set of bars.
You locked it up to protect yourself from suffering any further heartbreak and abandonment, but you can’t help but look at that ice, hoping that it’ll one day melt away and give you the freedom to love again.
- There comes a time when you have to dig up the heart you’ve kept buried...
- Because it needs a chance to air out.
- Life doesn’t begin when you find love, it begins right now.
- Because if you spend too much time dreaming of a better tomorrow, you'll miss the best of today.
- Give yourself time to grieve over the painful memories.
- Because they’re the bars that imprison your heart.
- There’s no shame in purging the pain through tears and anger.
- In fact, there’s freedom in being comfortable with who you are...
- And boldness in doing so without apologizing.
- Because anyone who isn't comfortable with who you truly are isn't meant to be in your life...
- And the ones who do love you despite your guard, love you more than you know.
- Which is why it’s okay to give them the benefit of the doubt and let them in.
- Because loneliness can’t be your friend...
- It can only suck the life out of you.
- Forgiveness means setting yourself free from the bitterness of those who've hurt you.
- Because what they did to you is a reflection of how they feel about themselves.
- And it’s better to let go of their darkness, instead of burdening yourself with some of it.
- It’s okay to take the time to trust.
- Because there’s no time wasted in getting to know someone on a deeper level.
- And trust is even more valuable than gold.
- Fall back in love with your life and the smaller things that mean so much.
- And remember that you need to fall back in love with yourself as well.
- Give that person you find yourself falling for a real chance.
- Because though they’re not going to love you perfectly, they will try...
- And at the end of the day, you’re worth it.
For more of Marie's writings, follow her on Facebook.